Best RV Camping Breakfast For Kids
Growing up I can remember my mom making homemade donuts with a can of biscuits and our little fry daddy on Saturday mornings. We always had them when my cousin stayed over and they were a real treat. These also happen to be the best breakfast for kids when camping.
The first chance I had to share them with friends and family while camping I took it. Now we have friends that camp in their back yards and their kids will ask if they are having donuts for breakfast because that’s just the best breakfast for kids when camping.
It makes me smile that I have instilled this tradition into the minds of the kids we camp with. On our yearly friends trip, it is always a must-have breakfast at least one day. We have gotten to the point now that I really don’t have to do anything, the kids handle it all. They just wait outside the camper until I get up and bring the stuff out.
Here is my tried and true homemade donut recipe. Fair warning though once you start making these you will become addicted and the kids will always want them.
Homemade Donuts – Serving Size: 32 donut holes
Fry daddy or other electric fryer,
Zip lock bags,
1 can biscuits
1 cup sugar
3 tsp. Cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
3 zip lock bags
1. Fill up your fry daddy or whatever fryer you are using to the max oil line and heat up your oil . 2. Open the biscuits and cut each one into four pieces.
3. Roll each into a small ball and drop in the fryer one at a time. Don’t overload your fryer, only a few at a time.
4. Cook until the donut holes are a golden brown.
5. In the mean time open the three zip lock bags.
6. In one add a 1/2 cup of sugar
7. In a second one add a 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tsp. Cinnamon. Shake up the bag to mix this together thoroughly.
8. In the third zip lock add 1 cup powdered sugar
9. When the donut holes are golden brown scoop them out and onto a paper towel to quickly drain.
10. Then carefully add them to the zip lock of your choice, seal the bag and shake until the donut hole is covered.
11. Repeat this process until all donut holes are cooked.
Notes: This is very easy for the kids to help with, they can be the bag shakers.
You can make up the coating bags before the trip so one less thing you have to do in the morning.
I hope you also think this is the best breakfast for kids when camping. This recipe and more of our camping favorites are in our camp cooking guide on our website, www.pullthroughsites.com